Plus Size Fashion Tips from Todd
Plus size fashion Tips from Todd Albaum, the plus size fashion guru, are an easy way to stay up to date with the latest styles in plus size clothing. Trends change season to season, but by adding just a few new pieces in a different color or style, or even a new accessory, you can look fashionable year-round. Check out the latest plus size fashion tips from Todd for fall.
Need specific fashion advice? Find out how Fashion101 PLUS, our online fashion membership, teaches you what looks best on your body shape with access to your own personal style consultant, fashion video tutorials, Todd Approved apparel from a variety of retailers, and more!
- Geometric prints have been seen up and down the runway for fall. Use them strategically in jackets, tunics, and tops with black pants for sharp contrast. Consider earrings in a shape that matches the print!
- Get yourself a pair of hip shoe boots. Not only are they more comfortable, they are all the rage this season. Found in several styles, they work well with a straight leg pant or leggings.
- Do you have black and blue? If not, now is the time to get some! Black and midnight blue combinations in tops, jackets and dresses are hot. Let us custom design something for you in these fabulous colors!
- Scarlett/burgundy is the new black. A fun way to work this color in is with a sheik jacket made of leather (like our Unique Leather brand), or in a solid color dress with matching tights for a slimming, monochromatic look.
- If worn correctly, color blocking can give you an hourglass shape effortlessly. I suggest a figure forming dress with a bold color in the center that curves in at your waist, with black on the sides from top to bottom. This is a fashion statement you can’t go wrong with ladies!
- The double breasted trench coat is both practical and stylish. It can be worn with jeans or with a dress and works with any body style. If you’re tall, you can wear longer styles. For petites, go shorter.
- The nomadic look is for you if you love capes and ponchos. This year, they have striking necklines with faux fur in gray, black, and stripes too.
- Statement collars add such femininity to any sweater or top. Look for those that are more tailored with soft rounded edges for that Audrey Hepburn look!